Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
Forum Member

a desant lens

i just got a k20d camera. i had a me supe for years . went to a point and shot , now back. i have three lenses from the me s . a 70-200 mic m lens-a 50mm fixed lens 1.4 m-and an a49mm wa lens . they all work w the k20d. but i would like to get a lens that would utilize the features of the camera . i am not a prof. nor do i intend t be one, but i do like to take pics . mostly landscape, flowers animals (horses). and of corse the gradkids. price range 200-500$
any suggestions would be helpful
thanks

01-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, you could start with the DA 18-55 WR kit lens and add the DA 50-200WR telephoto. They make a nice pair and a used set should easily fit your budget .

Or you might look for a used Tamron 18-250 travel lens.

Given you existing lenses, you need more on the wide end.
01-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suggest you pick up the standard Pentax kit lens, the 18-55. You can get a new one, the weather-resistant version (matching the weather resistance in your K20D) for $150, or you can look for one of the older versions (not weather resistant) used for less.

The lenses you have now have decent resale value if they're in good condition, so if you don't want to keep them you should be able to sell them pretty easily. You might even be able to find an even trade to get a new lens. I assume these are all M-series -- they would say "SMC Pentax-M" on the front. (The 49mm is the filter thread size for most of the Pentax M-series lenses, not the focal length.)
01-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
thanks thats what i was looking for . there are so maney lenses out there it's hard to pin point one or two .
thanks again

01-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

You might consider the Tamron 28-75 2.8.That is the next one on my list to get.
Jake
01-31-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

The DA18-55 kit lens or its WR counterpart would be safe inexpensive choices.
A Tamron 17-50/2.8 would cost more but give excellent picture quality in its range.
The DA18-250 or its Tamron twin offers the most flexibility over a wide focal range.
Any of these would be a good choice. Good luck!