Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #46

Original Poster
Yeah, but the thing is that I don't plan on shooting indoors anytime soon. I can always get a flash later.

01-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #47

Original Poster
Well, I finally made the purchase. I bought that all-Pentax setup that I described... but I didn't buy a flash. I'll get one some other time when I know I'll need it. Thanks for all your help guys!
01-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Retnuhrace Quote
Well, I finally made the purchase. I bought that all-Pentax setup that I described... but I didn't buy a flash. I'll get one some other time when I know I'll need it. Thanks for all your help guys!
Congrats. We'll be looking for some photos!

Will
01-07-2007, 12:16 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats on the new system. A guy named Alvin just posted his giddy "woo-hoo" fisheye pictures....
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/2138-i-caught-fish.html

and I'm pretty impressed with the 50-200 which I've only used for about 2 days.

(I have no flash either.)

Hope you have as much fun.

01-07-2007, 04:01 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Of course photography is an art

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Like a macro lens is not a speciality lens?

I use ithe 10-17mm far more than 1%. And photography is an art so why not use an artistic tool? Used properly, it is very effective. "Some detailed inspection" is up to you.

That's like saying "oh, close up - must be a macro guy. What's he trying to say?"

But yes, not everyone wants the same thing.

And the setup looks good. Covers all the bases.
This is just to remind people that fisheye lens is not something you use frequently even with the upmost artistic intent. Having a ordinary walk with this lens really requires a lot of artistic talents.

For a person with no talent like me, fisheye lens did satisfy my curiosity at one stage and practically the user has to make an effort of using it. So be warned.

My previous fisheye shots...

Needs to defish them...
01-07-2007, 05:36 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Congrats on the new system. A guy named Alvin just posted his giddy "woo-hoo" fisheye pictures....
SpecialK and Roentarre - yes I hear you both. Well, my wife's LBA will be solved for a little while now and I hope that with my thread, newbies will know what to expect out of that fisheye lens. I do agree - this lens is not for everyone. Roentarre, where were these photos taken?

Retnuhrace - I don't mean to take away from your thread but comments landed here. Congrats and enjoy your new system! I'm having loads of fun, as you can see, and I'm sure you will too! Looking forward to seeing some pics!
01-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #52

Original Poster
Well, I thought I got the stuff from Beach Camera today, but they only sent the camera body and the macro lens. That's it.
01-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
This is just to remind people that fisheye lens is not something you use frequently even with the upmost artistic intent. Having a ordinary walk with this lens really requires a lot of artistic talents.

For a person with no talent like me, fisheye lens did satisfy my curiosity at one stage and practically the user has to make an effort of using it. So be warned.

My previous fisheye shots...

Needs to defish them...

Hmmm, those look like wide angle but not fisheye (no curves). The last one in particular is "slanted" of course, because you are pointing up, but it is not truly fisheye. Pretty nice shots regardless.

01-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I thought I got the stuff from Beach Camera today, but they only sent the camera body and the macro lens. That's it.
Well, you can only use one lens at a time, and you can take "regular" shots with the macro, so in reality you have a 2-in-1 lens to hold you over :-)
01-12-2007, 09:15 PM   #55

Original Poster
Yeah... I've started to mess around with the macro lens. It took me a little bit to figure out how to get non-blurry pictures... so I'm getting there. Hopefully I can get into true macro heaven tomorrow.
01-13-2007, 08:18 AM   #56

Original Poster
Well, I guess Beach is sending everything in pieces. This morning the fisheye lens was sent. So I still don't have any "normal" lens: the 16-45 or the 50-200 (which I got from Abes). I'm almost regretting not getting the kit lens.