Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
LCD dust!!!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/142537-dust-underneath-k...-screen-3.html

I had some dust inside of my camera LCD! I want to clean it but PENTAX Company didn't tell me it is under warranty.
Does it possible to clean the LCD by warranty?

02-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wouldn't expect it to be, unless it's severe to the point where you can consider it a manufacturing defect. Dust gets in everywhere, especially after you've been using your gear for a while.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Dust under the LCD screen means there's an air leak so the weather sealing is compromised too. Zoom lenses are 'pumping' air through the camera.

Send it in for repair.

Last edited by JohnX; 02-05-2012 at 01:26 AM.
02-05-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I had the dreaded dust under my k-5 lcd and pinpointed it to the actual screen 'popping out' from it's surround. Basically the body of the camera flexed when you used the menu buttons or gripped it and the lcd being rigid came unstuck along the right hand leading edge. Dust was getting in through the gap. And as above this means one of the seals had failed as the glue adhearing the screen to the body was not up to the job. Pentax in the UK fixed it under warranty and it's been fine since.