Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #1

Why most Maket Place's Items for sale are already sold

Hi Everybody:
I reacently tried to purchase a lens from our market place. I tried to offer 3-4 lens "in active" for sale status. All of them are sold already. Is our market place slow on updating the sale/sold status? Or it's me don't know how to identify the sold status?
Thanks

02-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kfz Quote
Hi Everybody:
I reacently tried to purchase a lens from our market place. I tried to offer 3-4 lens "in active" for sale status. All of them are sold already. Is our market place slow on updating the sale/sold status? Or it's me don't know how to identify the sold status?
Thanks
As a seller who is often forgetful - sometimes we forget to update the thread after the item is sold. Hence the confusion. I've had multiple PMs a few months after I sold an item that remind me to go and mark the thread sold.
02-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, we're sometimes forgetful. But also, some listings have more than one item for sale in them and if there is still an item(s) available for sale, then the listing will remain open/active until that item(s) are sold, or until the listing expires.
02-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I tried to make a suggestion about this awhile back. Too many people don't edit their titles as they sell items, when listing multiple items in one thread. It's annoying to open a thread listing 5 items to find 4 have been sold for quite some time.

I can see if people want to keep the listing complete, but wouldn't it be great if people edited their titles to indicate what is sold? Just a * or (s) or some kind of marker beside each sold item in the title.

02-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Click on the "mark item as sold" link when your listings sell

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: