Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Chinon lens to Chinon CE-4 adaptor

Hello,

I've just bought Chinon auto zoom lens 90 - 190mm. Camera Chinon CE - 4. Problem that is diferent mount. That was surprise for me. Could you tell me if there's a adaptor to fit it to camera or is it impossible.

Thank you in advance.

p.s. it's hard to be beginner

02-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum!

An m42 to Pentax K adapter is what you most likely need.

Something like this: M42 Lens to K Mount Adapter for Pentax | rugift.com
02-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you marosari00,

Looks suspicious for me anyway, i'm thinking to sell it and get proper lens for chinon, but i have no idea what mount it is, i've checked few websites it looks like nikon and pentax. I thought if its Chinon should fit Chinon, was wrong. Any ideas on lenses?
02-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Is it possible for you to post a picture of the mount?

The only Auto Chinon 90-190 I can find info for is a screw mount lens. It is possible that the lens has an adapter attached.

Last edited by boriscleto; 02-22-2012 at 09:31 AM.
02-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Chinon CE-4 has a standard K-mount. A M42/K-mount adapter should be all you need to use M42 screw mount lenses (meter and shoot with the lens in "M" mode).

Steve
02-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #6

This should satisfy the need to corroborate the K-mount on the Chinon CE-4:

Other brands with K-mount
02-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

If it is screw mount, something cheaper like this would work
M42 Lens To Pentax PK K Mount Adapter Focus Infinity | eBay
I have no experience with that particular seller but there are tons of them on ebay for similar prices. Be aware, the one like I posted a ling to with the tool allow infinity focus. The kind with the flange will not allow infinity focus. Some people just get several of these cheap Chinese adapters and leave them permanently on the lens. I think they remove the spring clip or something? I have one that I have only used occasionally but it has worked fine.
02-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
If it is screw mount, something cheaper like this would work
M42 Lens To Pentax PK K Mount Adapter Focus Infinity | eBay
I have no experience with that particular seller but there are tons of them on ebay for similar prices. Be aware, the one like I posted a ling to with the tool allow infinity focus. The kind with the flange will not allow infinity focus. Some people just get several of these cheap Chinese adapters and leave them permanently on the lens. I think they remove the spring clip or something? I have one that I have only used occasionally but it has worked fine.
As is noted in multiple places on this site, use the cheap adapters at your own risk. Even with the spring removed, many are poorly machined and are capable of "donating" metal shards to the inside of your camera. (Personal experience here with a "Bower" unit from a major online photo retailer.)

Steve