Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2012, 03:28 AM   #1

can you recognise this bayonet please?

Good day!

I found this Cosina 28mm lens, it is in very good conditions but the seller (a lady who got the lens from some relative) does not know which camera fits.
Does anybody know if this is a Pentax K mount please? I still didn't get my ME Super so I can't try it on

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited by ElStellino; 02-28-2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: I added "please" :)
02-28-2012, 03:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
looks like its kmount to me
02-28-2012, 04:06 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Try on a DSLR then. Can be K mount. OM mount too.
02-28-2012, 04:09 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks adpo

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Try on a DSLR then. Can be K mount. OM mount too.
Unfortunately the only camera available to me at the moment it's the wife's Fujifilm F550EXR
I'm in a foreign country and I don't know anybody with a DSLR at all..

Trust me all the obvious ways have been considered already Thanks anyway!

02-28-2012, 04:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

compared your pics of the lens to one of my lenses, the position of the bayonets, aperture stick thing, orange dot thing and locking indent thing match up perfectly
02-28-2012, 04:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

If it's a good deal, then buy it so you're not sorry. Then you can sell it if it doesn't work.
But it's a K mount, 90% sure. If it has a pin, then it's a Ricoh, still solvable.
The position of the red dot to the aperture lever seems ok.

Octav
02-28-2012, 05:31 AM   #7
Site Supporter

It is a pure KM, no Ricoh pin. A Ricoh pin wouldn't have been a problem anyway since you are going to use it on a ME Super.
02-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Just be somewhat aware, it looks like a K mount, If you take notice of the aperture blade be carefull of the height of the protection blade for mounting lens, I have tokina lens where I had to mod the blade behind the aperture control shaft for it to fit dslr. i hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Shane

02-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #9

Just an idea...

If you have a camera shop somewhere near with bodies available to test. There you can at least try some body and take a lens of to inspect the mount and compare it to your own.
02-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you buy a Pentax rear lens cap somewhere to use as a test device? I doubt it would be definitive but it would be close.
02-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #11

Original Poster
I'll write a bit more details about this story, I believe this will answer back some of the suggestions.

I found it in a local free advertising website as "lens 28mm" no pictures attached, very poor description, online since the last 2 months or so.
It's in Vilnius, which although not properly far, the trip in term of time and petrol isn't simply worth the price of the lens.

QuoteOriginally posted by stanislav Quote
Just an idea...

If you have a camera shop somewhere near with bodies available to test. There you can at least try some body and take a lens of to inspect the mount and compare it to your own.
I don't know as I don't live there...

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
Can you buy a Pentax rear lens cap somewhere to use as a test device? I doubt it would be definitive but it would be close.
I did, it arrived already in London together with my camera. I will go there on March to get everything.

QuoteOriginally posted by lamented bovine Quote
Just be somewhat aware, it looks like a K mount, If you take notice of the aperture blade be carefull of the height of the protection blade for mounting lens, I have tokina lens where I had to mod the blade behind the aperture control shaft for it to fit dslr. i hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Shane
thanks Shane, it makes sense but I am not planning to use it on any DSLR. Are we talking about that vertical blade? In any case if it fits my ME Super, that's already enough.
When I'll get a DSLR I'll modificate, if necessary. Funny user name the one of yours

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
It is a pure KM, no Ricoh pin. A Ricoh pin wouldn't have been a problem anyway since you are going to use it on a ME Super.
QuoteOriginally posted by octavmandru Quote
If it's a good deal, then buy it so you're not sorry. Then you can sell it if it doesn't work.
But it's a K mount, 90% sure. If it has a pin, then it's a Ricoh, still solvable.
The position of the red dot to the aperture lever seems ok.

Octav
QuoteOriginally posted by adpo Quote
compared your pics of the lens to one of my lenses, the position of the bayonets, aperture stick thing, orange dot thing and locking indent thing match up perfectly
As the lens is selling really cheap and I understand I have good chances to guess it right, I think I'll get it. Hopefully soon I should receive also my M42 to K adaptor from HK (20 working days delivery!) hence I will be able to compare. And as Octav said, if I bought something wrong I will post an ebay 3 day auction and sell it when I'm in UK. I would definitely make the money back!

Thanks guys!

Last edited by ElStellino; 02-28-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: wrong city!
03-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #12

El S.

Take a look at his page.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/87589-photos-k-m42-m...-k-mounts.html

Not only does it have a lot of information, but it is just the sort of education that will prompt more questions. That's progress.

Kurt
03-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kurt Atlas Quote
El S.

Take a look at his page.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/87589-photos-k-m42-m...-k-mounts.html

Not only does it have a lot of information, but it is just the sort of education that will prompt more questions. That's progress.

Kurt
Thanks Kurt, I actually saw this very article you linked 2 days ago, very interesting.

At the end the lens was no longer available anyway...
Thanks to all