Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #16
Forum Member

A true hiking backpack with a holster from Think Tank fastened to the backpacks belt is what i use - and it's great. You don't feel the weight, and the camera is right there, at all times.

03-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #17

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the awesome advice! I ordered the K5 and the 18-135 WR yesterday along with some 16gb sdhc cards to get me started. I decided I wanted a little more range then the standard kit lens would offer and after weighing all the pros and cons of it, thought the 18-135 would be a good way to start. I spent a lot of time reading over the lens reviews and comparing prices but what finally sold me on the 18-135 was the WR. Just made sense to make the whole system WR for my purposes. I read a lot of reviews that it doesn't have the greatest image quality, but since I am coming from point and shoots, I am gonna think it is great. After I learn how to use the camera and figure out what I am most likely to use I can look into some better glass. Can't wait to get out and start taking pictures!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, details, dslr, equipment, equipment advice, landscapes, lenses, love, pentax help, photography, pictures