Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Vignetting on 18-135mm WR lens

QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
It sounds to me like you're using the correct hood (having to line up the dots and the location of the filter window). Does it look like the hood in the Lens review page or is it bigger. Based on your photo above, the vignetting looks like its coming from something round, not the correct "petal" shaped lens hood. Try removing any and all filters from your lens, take a picture, then put the hood on, take a picture, remove the hood and put the polarizing filter(only) on, take a picture, remove the polarizer and put the UV on, take a picture. Then compare all the pictures.
Now that you say this, I also had a UV filter attached in combination with the CP filter in the sample shot I posted. The photos I took last fall of the waves only had the UV filter attached so this could be why the vignetting was there, only much softer than in the Jamaica beach picture. If having a filter attached creates vignetting with this lens then I won't use the hood. Any shots that were taken with the hood removed were fine. I will still try your suggestion to make sure that is what's causing it. Thanks for the tip.

M.A.

03-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just a sugestion ! rather than not use it.... cut the bugger down a bit ?
03-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I would say Never stack (screw on) filters on any lens without good reason for both of them.