Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
The hot shoe of my K20D swings fwd and bckwd.

The hot shoe of my K20D swings forward/backward when the flash is mounted. I can clearly notice that this motion is due to the fact that the camera's hot shoe is no longer tightly attached to the body. Probably the best solution will be to go to a local service, but, if possible, I would prefer to take a look by myself to the interior (base) of the hot shoe in order to see if there is something easy to be done to fix the problem. Can someone give some advise in order to proceed to inspect (and repair if possible) the state of the hot shoe ??. (Please, be indulgent with me because of my bad English !!)

03-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The best advice would be to take it to someone who knows what their doing. There are a lot of little wires and stuff inside a camera that can get messed up pretty easily.
03-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pedro Quote
The hot shoe of my K20D swings forward/backward when the flash is mounted. I can clearly notice that this motion is due to the fact that the camera's hot shoe is no longer tightly attached to the body. Probably the best solution will be to go to a local service, but, if possible, I would prefer to take a look by myself to the interior (base) of the hot shoe in order to see if there is something easy to be done to fix the problem. Can someone give some advise in order to proceed to inspect (and repair if possible) the state of the hot shoe ??. (Please, be indulgent with me because of my bad English !!)
I would take it to a reliable camera business.
03-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Here is a shot of a K200 showing what you will have to deal with. Should be similar to K20.

IMGP4862 - gp1806's Album: K200D repair - PentaxForums.com

I believe there is a screw in the battery compartment that is hard to see. Look in my albums for screw locations for the K200. Might help with the K20.

Last edited by gp1806; 03-05-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Add url for pic