Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2012, 09:24 PM - 3 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery
Repair Pentax 540

Thanks the colleagues, all previous authors on repair Pentax 540.

Problem essence: at first zoom worked only to 24 mm, and after a small push sideways heads of flash and in general has ceased zoom reflector.

We begin dismantling.
On a flash head from below there are 2 small screws - is turned off them.
We remove rubber overlays on one side flashes - under them on 4 screw from each party.
We turn off the top part (on two screw from each party).
We lift the top part of a head. Be careful and don't tear a wire. Disconnect it.

-----------------------
ATTENTION!!! THE HIGH VOLTAGE!!

At first we measure by the device (the voltmeter or a multimeter) pressure in points:

Now it is necessary to discharge the condenser. It is for this purpose necessary or the resistor 1 kiloohm of 2 watts
Or it is possible to use an ordinary lamp of an incandescence of 220 volt 50-100 watt
We discharge in these parts:
-----------------------
We check the device (the voltmeter or a multimeter) pressure. It should be 1-2 volts.
After that we unscrew remained 4 screws and it is assorted the bottom part of a head.

The problem has dared so: the bottom payment on which go 4 contacts a spring, has moved from blow. Has been put into place. The payment can be fixed glue or a sticky tape.

If that isn't clear - write...

Attached Images

03-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks for posting these good shots of your flash. These could be a real help for anyone with this problem.
03-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope I never have to try this, but thanks for posting a clear explanation and pictures.
07-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #4

Hi,

is there an easy way to remove the rubber overlays?

Klaus

02-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #5

Thank you for the post, I can conform that works exactly the same way for Pentax 360 fgz, I thought to make a new post but since it is exactly as what you presented there would be no point. Anybody with questions please PM me.
02-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #6
mee
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
How does one safely discharge the condenser? What happens, with this particular condenser, if one does not discharge it properly? Is the voltage high enough to physically harm a person?
02-10-2015, 10:53 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
How does one safely discharge the condenser? What happens, with this particular condenser, if one does not discharge it properly? Is the voltage high enough to physically harm a person?
Well lets put it this way, I neglected the first post for discharge with resistor or just with a lamp. I did touch the head during the disassembly, it is unpleasant feeling however even though the voltage/amperage is high it is peaking too quick. If you are person with build in device (pacemaker or electronic heard valve) it would be probably harmful, other than this it is just unpleasant experience.