Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #46

I want a new Prime.

Some shots of the DA40mm...a tough focal range to shoot and it's more of a novelty lense ..as it is thin...but one things fr sure it is very very sharp.

03-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damon Quote
Yeah that's what I was thinking to, especially when compared to things like the Sigma 30mm which is quite a chunky thing but then my line of thought was that I could probably get a second hand FA43 ltd in my budget which would be a faster, not a huge amount bigger and a pretty alright lens also (They both seem to have great reviews).
The FA43 is the best lens Pentax make and perhaps one of the best lenses ever made. The FA31 can get better sharpness edge to edge. The FA77 adds distance for a flattering portrait. But the dimensionality of the FA43 is something else, approached by certain Zeiss lenses. The fact that it's compact, light, and fast puts it ahead of the pack. (And it's a big pack between 40mm and 50mm.)
03-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #48
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
The FA43 is the best lens Pentax make and perhaps one of the best lenses ever made. The FA31 can get better sharpness edge to edge. The FA77 adds distance for a flattering portrait. But the dimensionality of the FA43 is something else, approached by certain Zeiss lenses. The fact that it's compact, light, and fast puts it ahead of the pack. (And it's a big pack between 40mm and 50mm.)
I really do want this lens, it's what I decided would be best for me price/FL (also would be cool on 35mm film) and it's other things like build and speed. I am having a bit of trouble finding one though haha, It's very odd, I often find 2nd hand ones (which I intended to get to make it cheaper) for more than they sell brand new at the shop so I really don't know what happens there. I'll just keep looking I guess and hope I find one eventually.
03-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I ended up getting this one brand new since, as you say, it worked out cheaper. Prices are rather crazy these days, but watch the forum board and you will get lucky eventually.