Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You are doing something wrong. My k-x in manual AEB changes SHUTTER only when in manual bracketing.

In Av mode with no auto-ISO, it does the same, only SHUTTER changes.

So the problem is you. If you bothered to read the menu, I'm sure you'd find out:

Menu - Green button setting - Action in M mode - Av or Tv shift. Tv shift will set it to change shutter only. Av shift will set it to change Aperture only.

Before knocking on a camera manufacturer for being "stupid" or implementing a feature in a camera and calling it a "poor design", maybe you should really learn how to use the camera properly first.

Last edited by JinDesu; 08-05-2012 at 11:03 AM.
08-06-2012, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Before knocking on a camera manufacturer for being "stupid" or implementing a feature in a camera and calling it a "poor design", maybe you should really learn how to use the camera properly first.
To be fair, he was trying to learn - that's why he asked first how to do it on the K-r. It wasn't until he was told it wasn't possible that he said it was a poor design.
08-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
So the problem is you. If you bothered to read the menu, I'm sure you'd find out:

Menu - Green button setting - Action in M mode - Av or Tv shift. Tv shift will set it to change shutter only. Av shift will set it to change Aperture only
Point me where it is.
Pentax K-x Review: Digital Photography Review
08-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Wrong page.

Pentax K-x Review: Digital Photography Review

• Green Button
Action in M Mode <- This one.
e-dial in Program

QuoteOriginally posted by Karl Stevens Quote
To be fair, he was trying to learn - that's why he asked first how to do it on the K-r. It wasn't until he was told it wasn't possible that he said it was a poor design.
I may be a bit quick to irritation from his responses, and I find your comment fair.

08-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Very different then the K10D, K5 menu.
There Tv and Av shift are in the custom menu
08-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Very different then the K10D, K5 menu.
There Tv and Av shift are in the custom menu
That's understandable - but it's still there and functions the way they describe.

I don't know why it's in the Green button menu for the k-x/k-r, but it's a really really cool function in Manual mode to have the Green button on Tv shift. Practically instant Av mode in Manual.
08-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Maybe because the Kx and Kr put a lot more function under the green button, for half of those options the K10D and K5 have a dictated buttons.

08-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Maybe because the Kx and Kr put a lot more function under the green button, for half of those options the K10D and K5 have a dictated buttons.
Ah good point - I'm not familiar with the K10D so I didn't think about that.