Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #1

Houston, TX Photo Locations

hey i'm from sw houston and was wondering if there were any good locations for doing an outdoor photoshoot. the only real place i can think of is memorial hermann park, but it seems like everyone shoots there and i want something a bit different. thank you

03-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I lived in Houston a loooong time ago - can't help with locations, but someone from this social group might be able to - Gulf Coast Texas Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com.
03-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by ninjasaurusrex Quote
hey i'm from sw houston and was wondering if there were any good locations for doing an outdoor photoshoot. the only real place i can think of is memorial hermann park, but it seems like everyone shoots there and i want something a bit different. thank you
Reliance Stadium has some good statues outside for a backdrop maybe. And what about the Space Center for some 'comando' shooting?
04-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I haven't been in Houston in years, but if you want to drive around a bit...

Downtown is a small block square park where they used to hold "Party on the Plaza" every week. Nice little spot with trees and I think park benches. Not sure just where, but shouldn't be too hard to find, downtown is really not that big. I think it was the Jensen St bus I took to get there, so oit might be not far from where Jensen goes into downtown but can't remember the streets. There's also a tunnel system under the downtown area with access points from a couple of places. They have shopping spots and cafes and most people don't even know it's there. I found it by accident, one of the stores had some stairs. I checked one day and found a whole underground area that's not very heavily traveled.

Also take a drive out I 10 to Anuhuac, (sp?) past Baytown, which is a wildlife sanctuary. Loads of water birds, especially in the winter and should be some decent spots. You might also find some decent beach type spots out toward Seabrook or Galveston. Galveston has some nice beaches, maybe 45 minutes from the SW side. Pasadena might have a good spot or two also.

Look around a little, or get a city map, you'll find some other parks scattered here and there, and check for local photography clubs too. They should know of some good spots.