Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2012, 02:36 AM   #1

rmc tokina 80-200 focus problem

Hi,I have an rmc tokina 80-200mm close focus macro f4.5.It was working fine today but now the focus ring only appears to be working at 80mm.When I zoom out the focus ring turns loosely and has no effect whatsoever.I am a newbie at this photography thing and hope someone out there can lend a hand.Thanks

08-12-2012, 12:50 PM - 1 Like   #2

solution

Hi guys! I just registered here to be able to answer this question! Maybe you already found the solution or sold the lens, but at least it will help other people who have this problem and come here by Google.

I had the same problem with this lens today. I found this thread (which of course did not help me) and tried again until I solved the problem:

Here is the solution:

You entered the "close focus"/macro-mode by pushing the focal length beyond/under 80 (to the thin green line) and then changed focus to the nearest possible position.

To quit this mode, you have to change focus to the furthest and even further (against the slight resistance) until you reach the infinite-position. Now you can change focal length back to 80 and above and you are back in the normal focus-range.

I hope this was the problem.

I use this lens (as well an the Tokina 28-85) on the Panasonic GH2 for filming. It's fun! Solid manual focus and I can change aperture without using the defined stops.

Greetings from Germany!
11-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #3

Hello Johny!
I want to buy GH2 and i am owner of Tokina 28-85
Have you example of video on youtube?
11-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #4

How to mount tokina on gh2?

11-16-2012, 05:10 AM   #5

QuoteQuote:
How to mount tokina on gh2?
Hi, I use an adapter from "Novoflex" to adapt Minolta MD to micro4/3
QuoteQuote:
I want to buy GH2 and i am owner of Tokina 28-85
Have you example of video on youtube?
When I find the time to upload a test clip on youtube I let you know.
For now I can say that the images are lovely. Here is a quick review although it is off topic :
- because of the long focal length you get shallow depth of field although it is just 3.5-4.5 aperture.
- because of the weight, the image shakes easily when touching the lens for focusing, needs some practice.
- Focusing is not that easy on the GH2 because the image is quite soft (in comparison to the Olympus m.Zuiko 45mm/1.8 for example) and the screen of the GH2 is not good. I will buy a Zacuto EVF soon.