Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #1

Changing between modes (Pentax K-5 problem)

Hi everyone I am new to cameras and to pentax. I just bought one from eBay and was so happy))) it feels solid and looks really good! I really liked it, but when I started to look at all the options and modes i found out that the dial on the top doesn't seem to work (i am not sure)!!!?? as I am new to Pentax k5 I just wanted to find out if this is really an issue and i should return the camera???? I am still waiting for my lens that comes separately… but when i change the modes (P, Sv, Tv, Av, TAv and Green) they remain on Av (at least on the screen) the other options and modes work perfectly fine!!! so… what is this? can i manage to repair this problem on my own or i should get another one??? and i also really need the camera for next week (((((

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SP800UZ  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SP800UZ  Photo 
03-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Without a lens attached it will stay in Av in most of the mode dial positions. Putting the dial to M should work though.
03-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #3

Original Poster
YEAHH)))) I am so glad!! thank you very much!!! I was so worried ) the M mode works fine!!!))) thank you again!
03-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You are welcome! Congrats on new kit too!

03-19-2012, 03:54 AM   #5

This means you either have no lens attached at all, or you have an (older) manual lens attached with the aperture ring set to something other then 'A', or one that doesn't have an 'A' setting on the ring.
03-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #6

Original Poster
I have no lens attached I am waiting for my SMC DA* 55mm f/1.4 to arrive!