Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #1

K7 Lens contact sensor

I've had an issue with my K7 regarding communication with the attached lens. It no longer recognizes any lens attached to the camera and this continues despite cleaning the camera body contacts and lens contacts. It appears to be an issue within the camera body itself. I can still shoot totally manual (focus and aperture), but no automatic functions work. Any thoughts?

03-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
do you have any K mount lenses? If so, try something with one ( they must be K not KA lenses)

Set the aperture and press the DOF preview, and see if the camera stops the lens down. ALso, do you get focus confirmation

this would indicate that you have a problem with pin 7 of the body mount (furthest away from the lens locking pin, It probably would need to go into the shop for repair.
03-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for your feedback. It appears as though that is the issue. Hopefully it won't be an expensive fix.