Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dust on Sensor Removal?

What a good tool to remove dust off my sensor? I was thinking about the Pentax O-ICK1, but was wondering if there is anything else out there that's better and cheaper?

-Thanks!

03-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LegOverHead Quote
What a good tool to remove dust off my sensor? I was thinking about the Pentax O-ICK1, but was wondering if there is anything else out there that's better and cheaper?
Better and cheaper? No. Cheaper? Cans of compressed air are easier but eventually cost more. One kit will last you a long long time unless you compulsively clean the sensor daily. Better? No. Nothing else removes dust more effectively. The kit rulez!
03-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Better and cheaper? No. Cheaper? Cans of compressed air are easier but eventually cost more. One kit will last you a long long time unless you compulsively clean the sensor daily. Better? No. Nothing else removes dust more effectively. The kit rulez!
Was just wondering! Just purchased the kit, thanks for the help ^.^
03-25-2012, 04:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

There are plenty of threads on this subject already here btw. Try an air blower, like the.. um.. air rocket? It can be fairly cheap and removes most dust.

03-25-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
There are plenty of threads on this subject already here btw. Try an air blower, like the.. um.. air rocket? It can be fairly cheap and removes most dust.
One air blower is cheap. After a couple years, a dozen air blowers aren't so cheap.
03-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Still cheaper than buying canned air all the time. All cleaning tools need to be replaced eventually. I don't think an air blower is much worse than others in this regard.
03-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm struggling to imagine how much you'd have to abuse a blower bulb to require replacement more than once a decade or so...