Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Do you use a blower to clean the internals of your interchangeable lens camera?
Yes 6886.08%
No 1113.92%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
And spit too
That's what I was politely referring to as "moist".

03-29-2012, 03:55 AM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Hot, moist air inside the camera - no thanks.
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
That's what I was politely referring to as "moist".
I think your sarcasm meter needs re-calibrating
03-29-2012, 04:12 AM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are many unsustainable scientific myths circulating around the world. To use the rocket blower to rid camera insides of dust is one of them. You need a slightly stronger steady sustainable flow of clean air to do that. Between week uncontrollable puffs of the rocket blower the bit of dust which dislodges has time to settle somewhere else. And pumping the little rocket gadget dozens of time only gives you cramps in your hand.
03-29-2012, 04:22 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
There are many unsustainable scientific myths circulating around the world. To use the rocket blower to rid camera insides of dust is one of them. You need a slightly stronger steady sustainable flow of clean air to do that. Between week uncontrollable puffs of the rocket blower the bit of dust which dislodges has time to settle somewhere else. And pumping the little rocket gadget dozens of time only gives you cramps in your hand.
Theories are amazing things, but easily killed by data. Rocketblowers work, work consistently, and do so for most sensor issues. End of story.

03-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I solved it differently like i already wrote down
I have been meaning to get back to you. No doubt an arctic butterfly would be a better method. Kinda pricey though. Same thing for a loupe for detecting dust. I may be a cheapskate but I am fine with a blower.
03-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
I have been meaning to get back to you. No doubt an arctic butterfly would be a better method. Kinda pricey though. Same thing for a loupe for detecting dust. I may be a cheapskate but I am fine with a blower.
€60 with the led light so out of my head.
Yeah it isn't the cheapest but it works, it removes the dust rather then blow it somewhere else in the mirror box.
You also have those wet kits but you can't use them quickly in the field and they aren't reusable but i never had to use one so i'm lucky.

Of all the things i've for photography this things is probably the cheapest so the price...
03-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #37
Site Supporter

Huh?

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Occasionally.
IMHO the poll could have multi-choice answers of:
* Always
* Sometimes
* Never
* Huh?
Bonjour,

Need to add an additional response: " * All of the above "

Salut, J

PS - I use this: http://www.collegecameras.co.uk/kaiser-typhoon-blower

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 03-29-2012 at 11:40 AM.
04-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #38
Pentaxian

I've used squeeze bulb blower and canned air on rare occasions. One of my worse experiences was getting several black flies in the camera when changing lenses on a hike. My K10D always seems to have dust or something showing up. My K5, not so much.