Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2012, 03:39 AM   #1

Search iris shutter pentax of 30mm

Hello,
I am an amator astronomer and I make pictures of the sky with a special CCD camera. Inside this camera there is a pentax iris shutter of 30mm opening, unfortunatly the shutter is damaged. I am srearching a new one, do you know where I can find it?
regards

04-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Search ebay with the make and model?
04-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, this isn't the usual initial post from a new member! I believe you are speaking about a "leaf shutter (LS)." I don't think that Pentax made any of those for it's 35mm lenses and would suggest that you look to Pentax's medium format lenses for its 645 or 6x7 cameras. I know there are several LS lenses for both systems. As far as the 30mm opening, that isn't how lenses are normal described. Can you give us anymore info?
04-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #4

Original Poster
Unfortunatly there is nothing writed on the shutter. The external diameter is 68mm, and the aperture 30mm.
I think it's a part of a system, and the only thing I know is that it comes from Pentax (the seller told me, but he doesn't exist any more).
Regards

04-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is the brand and make of the camera? I assume it is not Pentax, just using parts made by Pentax? I doubt you are going to find parts searching for Pentax because it is not something they commonly used in 35mm cameras. It might be from medium format as suggested above or it might be something they made for the camera manufacturer as a special item.

If you can find camera make and model an internet search, (or ebay) might find you parts, another unit for parts, or at least some additional information.

Barring that, you might consider seeing if it can be repaired. There is a man who is often recommended as a good repairman. I think his name is Eric. A search here should give you his contact info.