Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Back/foreground focus problems with samsung gx20

Hello!

I'm having trouble with focusing. Example - I photograph a person in a field using AF - set at SAF, adjust the spot focus indicator to where the person is & snap. But the person is never in focus, but the background always is. It has nothing to do with aperture or shutter speed as they're at reasonable settings.

I have tried various lenses and its the same problem. If I focus in manual, it's in focus.

Even when I'm doing head and shoulder shots, the focus is not always correct. It will focus on maybe the neck, the face won't be in focus, and I am at a fair distance from the subject too. I'm really stressing out. Can I do some kind of in-camera setting to fix this?

If someone can please help me - I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you.

04-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The actual focus sensor is much larger than the red dot; the camera may legitimately focus anywhere within a pretty broad area around that dot. So you have to be caeful to center the dot on a subject such that nothing in the background or foreground appears close to the red dot in the viewfinder.