Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #1

pentax zx-30

i just got a PX-30 off ebay--when i turn it on i get this LED that shows a battery blinking and the camera wont work--i installed 2 new batteries but it sitll does that--any suggestions? thanks

04-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The blinking battery is the low battery warning. While blinking the shutter cannot be released. Are you sure the batteries were installed correctly? Have you inspected the contacts to make sure they are clean?
04-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #3

Original Poster
pentax z30

Patrick thanks for answering--yes i have done both--cleaned contacts, and installed the 2 new batteries the correct way, i still get the blinking battery indicator in the LED and can do nothing else with the camera functions .
04-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried Pentax imaging.com You can download the manual if you don't have one already. I think you can also get support there plus here's the phone number for customer support. (800) 877-0155
from that site. The 30 will also not work with a lens with out the A on the aperture ring That should not effect the battery indicator tho I wouldn't think
Shame you don't live closer I have the battery grip on my ZX-7 I believe it is the same grip for the ZX-30 we could try it and see if that solved the problem.