Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #1

Wireless Remotes for Pentax K-m

Goja IR Wireless Remote Control for PENTAX Q, DSLR (K-r K-5 645D)

1) Does anyone know whether the above remote control works with the Pentax K-m?

2) It is advertised as able to trigger the models named from "about 16 feet". Does Pentax's own remote work from much longer distances?

This remote is advertised for about 1/3 the price of the genuine Pentax article and if it will serve the purpose why pay more?

Thanks anyone for any information.

04-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kendrick Pereira Quote

Goja IR Wireless Remote Control for PENTAX Q, DSLR (K-r K-5 645D)

1) Does anyone know whether the above remote control works with the Pentax K-m?

2) It is advertised as able to trigger the models named from "about 16 feet". Does Pentax's own remote work from much longer distances?

This remote is advertised for about 1/3 the price of the genuine Pentax article and if it will serve the purpose why pay more?

Thanks anyone for any information.
I'm not sure that you have the right link. When I click on it, it takes me to an audio/video/ir tv remote device for $80.

Anyway, AFAIK, all Pentax dslrs use the same remote control. The genuine Pentax version is called the Remote F. That means that any remote that works for one of them should work for any other Pentax dslr. So, a generic remote that works with a K-5 should work with a K-m.

I have both the genuine remote and a generic one, which is what I assume you were intending to link to. Both work perfectly with my K10D. I've never measured the range of either one, though, so I can't answer your question.
04-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check the accessories reviews, don't know if that one is listed but you'll get the idea. I have and K20D and a Pentax F remote ($10) and a generic remote ($2.50). In my case the generic has a much greater range. I have tested it to nearly 20 feet.
04-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you noblepa & ramseybuckeye for your trouble and the information, which has been enlightening.

But, ramseybuckeye, where did you find remotes for the prices you mention? The best I found was around $10 for the Goja and $30 for the Pentax - and I'm not sure if these prices include packing/postage (I expect the Pentax price, at least, does as I can buy a Pentax "over the counter" here in Melbourne for $39).