Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Optio RZ18 turns off

Hi, I just started to use RZ18 and after 7 days, I get stucked to one problem. When I turn camera on it will start up as usually, but then turns off when there will be start picture on the display. I check the battery and also charged it, but the problem is not there. When it push together ">" and power button, the camera will go to picture looking mode and everything works (lens is then still inside the camera). Is the problem with the lens then?

07-14-2012, 04:13 AM   #2

Hi,

I just add the same probleme with my RZ18. I solved it by turning it on while pressing the blue button with a triangle in a rectangle (the one for viewing the pictures you've taken). The camera will turn on in the viewing picture mode. After that the camera works great.

BTW : When I did this manipulation the SD was out of the camera.
07-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #3

I have the same problem. Battery is fully charged, the SD is empty. I have attempted to turn it on, and it turns itself off after 4 quick beeps.

If I hold the play button and turn it on, it turns on into picture view mode, then the lens starts opening and closing and it won't turn off.

I bought this camera to take holiday shots overseas.... and I am overseas... and now have no camera. I am FURIOUS!

I haven't dropped the camera, it has been handled with great care. What is going on? where can I get help? I can't afford another camera and don't want to miss out on all my holiday snaps!
07-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by karlito139 Quote
Hi,

I just add the same probleme with my RZ18. I solved it by turning it on while pressing the blue button with a triangle in a rectangle (the one for viewing the pictures you've taken). The camera will turn on in the viewing picture mode. After that the camera works great.

BTW : When I did this manipulation the SD was out of the camera.
Hi! I just have a quick question because I have the same problem as you had right now. I hope you take time to reply and help out a fellow Pentax user. When you said your RZ18 keeps shutting down immediately after turning it on, did the problem happen regardless of whether or not there was memory card in the camera? I tried your method with and without the memory card placed inside but to no avail.

Right now, I'm thinking of opening the camera myself because the service center quoted me a price so high I could buy a new camera albeit with a bit lower specifications. I have my precision tools (small screw drivers, Phillips, etc.) but the problem is that it seems the screws Pentax used are so soft that my precision tools are just carving right through them.

I don't know what to do anymore. I am not rich and I saved really hard for that camera only for it to be wrecked for no apparent reason at all. I didn't drop it, I didn't overuse it. I used it with as much care as I could.

Sorry for the rant. I hope to receive a reply. Thank you.