Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
AF 360 External Flash HELP!

I am experiencing problems with my AF 360 flash on my K-5. I have used this flash with this camera since October and had no problems until last night on a shoot. The red light come on and the flash does not charge up to fire. It will occasionally fire but then won't at all. There is also a noise sounding like it doesn't calibrate and the screen flashes. The camera will still take the picture but the flash will not fire when it is on. I have changed the batteries and that hasn't seemed to help. I also made sure the flash was in the locked mode once I attached it to the horseshoe. I also made sure neither the camera or the flash was on the wireless mode. I also reformatted the camera to its factory settings and that didn't seem to make a difference either. I am in desperate need of help! Do you have any suggestions or help?

Thank you,

Haley

04-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When off the camera does it fire in test mode?
Try cleaning the contacts on both flash and camera. Make sure the flash is well seated on the camera.
04-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I got it to charge to do a test fire once and it won't recharge. I made sure it was locked into the horseshoe and it help. Do you know if there is a reset button for the flash?