Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #1

K7 lost lens correction funtion

Hello fellow Pentaxians. I'm having a bit of trouble with my K7. For some reason I have set something that has blocked me out of the lens correction function in the menu of my K7. Does anyone have any idea of how to get it back? I feel so silly having to ask this as I just upgraded to a K5 and apparently I didn't learn how to operate the K7.

04-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What lens and mode do you use? It can only be use with supported lenses and Jpeg.
04-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Lens distortion correction function will work only for Pentax lenses.

Personally I switch off this option anyway and I tend to prefer to correct the photograph in-computer during PP. PTLens (PTLens) is the most effiient lens distortion correction program IMO, but PDCU does a decent job.

Hope that the comment may help.:evil:
04-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Also it really slows down the camera.

04-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #5

Original Poster
It's doing it with the kit lens in jpeg and I actually just noticed it. I haven't seen any real problems in my photos it's just bugging me as I'm wishing to sell the unit to a friend and wish to know how to correct this if asked to.
04-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rludwic Quote
It's doing it with the kit lens in jpeg and I actually just noticed it. I haven't seen any real problems in my photos it's just bugging me as I'm wishing to sell the unit to a friend and wish to know how to correct this if asked to.
What are you trying to ask? How to disable lens correction? That's done through the status screen or the record menu.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #7

Original Poster
Pardon me Adam, what I am asking is how to ENABLE the lens correction funtion as it is "greyed" out in the menu and is not accessible. Should someone wish to purchase the camera with that function unavailable could it be something wrong with the firmware.
04-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rludwic Quote
So you can choose Lens Correction with the kit lens and Jpeg?

04-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #9

Original Poster
Visual, no I cannot choose the lens correction option. It is not highlighted in the menu.
04-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Try a reset to default settings .
Glenn
04-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #11

Original Poster
Thanks all for trying to help. I'm almost glad I'm selling the K7. I swapped out the kit lens for a Sigma and after shutting it down and reinstalling the kit lens the lens correction function is working. Very strange.