Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's clear that Pentax Canada is a reliable place for repairs. But claiming that they are the only ones able to repair a Pentax product is like saying only the car dealership can change the oil in your car.

05-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Update:

I just spoke with the folks at Service Camera Pro in Québec City and I had a very good 10 minute chat with the head "honcho" in the place.
Very convincing conversation and the fellow sure knows what he's talking about, although he did mention that Pentax cameras were more "rare" !?
(We all know that, don't we?)
He asked pertinent questions that made me feel I was at the right place.

So, he wants me to go out this weekend and take shots representing what I have been discussing here, put that on a CD, make sure the EXIF data is available and send the whole package (lens + camera + CD + explanation notes) once ready.
That's pretty much what Pentax would have requested too.

I am posting this so that some people may have to use this repair facility too.
I will of course follow up in this thread once everything is sorted out.

Cheers to all.

JP