Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Seems the knock against The GIMP always used to be that it pnly does 8 bit processing - not just that only produces 8-bit results, but that even internally, it only works at an 8-bit-per-channel color depth. Is this no longer true?
Still true in the just-released version 2.8. Apparently the development version allows 16- or even 32-bit editing, and this is planned for the next major release. But that will probably be a while.

05-10-2012, 07:37 PM - 1 Like   #17

To offset the steep learning curve of "The Gimp" I purchased "The Gimp 2.6 for photographers" and I found it to be a nice 350+ page tutorial on using The Gimp for post processing, scanning, and most things photographic. And the nice thing is what you learn is appliable to other editing software as well. I got my copy at Amazon.com.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, pentax help, photography, software