Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primoplan 58mm f1.9 (M42 Mount)

I got this few months ago, but I only got to use it today, and found that it is a really sharp , neat and good color representative. It also has a great bokeh. However, I notice that I cannot focus to infinite on my K5 or my Kx. I noticed that the rear end protrudes more than some of the Takumars I have. The mirror or something may be stopping the focus to infinite. Does any one have a similar experience? Thanks, Pepe.

Focussed to Infinite:

Last edited by Pepe Guitarra; 05-02-2012 at 09:19 PM.
05-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

If it's an M42 and you have a genuine pentax M42 to K mount adapter (or a budget one that you have used at infinity before) then the most likely answer is someone has pulled the lens apart and put the elements back in slightly the wrong position IMO.
05-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
well, I have read that this lens doesnt focus to infinite on Canon 5D either because the rear element protrudes and touches the mIrror. im looking for someone with actual experience with this lens on Pentax before I send it to Eric.

Last edited by Pepe Guitarra; 05-03-2012 at 09:13 PM.
05-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I also have the Tamron Adaptamatic 35/2 .8 that has the same problem. The mount is a m42 and the lens may work on Canon cameras. My 35/2.8 came with a canon mount. However, since they have the mount changed, I removed the Canon and screwed the Pentax. I can see the large protruded portion hitting the mirror.

Last edited by Pepe Guitarra; 05-03-2012 at 09:16 PM.
02-14-2016, 04:19 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
However, I notice that I cannot focus to infinite on my K5 or my Kx. I noticed that the rear end protrudes more than some of the Takumars I have. The mirror or something may be stopping the focus to infinite. Does any one have a similar experience?

I have a chance to buy Primoplan 58mm in a nice shape, but I suppose that the problem with protruding rear element will be the same on my K-3 / K-7? Have you found some way around or simply avoid focusing to infinite?
02-14-2016, 07:52 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
I have a chance to buy Primoplan 58mm in a nice shape, but I suppose that the problem with protruding rear element will be the same on my K-3 / K-7? Have you found some way around or simply avoid focusing to infinite?
Yes, the lens is fine now. I sent it to ERIK and he found that someone had serviced the lens before and placed one of the elements in the wrong direction. I created a weird an unique effect but limited the use for infinite focussing. The lens is now correct and behaves wonderfully. I actually both another while it was at ERIk's. Now, I have too, the first and the second version, The first one is smaller, but equally sharp and nice.

---------- Post added 02-14-16 at 08:58 PM ----------

This is a product of the lens now:

THIS was taken before Erik fixed the element: Cool!!