Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
01-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
Mostly the aperture range varies. I tend to stay between F11 and F22. I would say that most of them are sitting between F16-F22.

External flash with cheap fotodiox softbox attachment was used.

The male mosquito shot is the second stacked shot by the way which I manually blended in photoshop using three hand held shots. I remember also hand holding the the leaf the subject was on as well.

I tried to post some of these shots to that forum post btw and I got upload errors saying I have already posted those shots in a different forum. Will look around because I am sure I could just link them. Thanks all.

01-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lightbulb Quote
Wow.... Are those stacked?
I could not get away with stacking many of these shots due to the subject being constantly on the move. Believe me, I would have loved to setup shop and stack away but they wouldn't have stood for it. lol Some of those subjects would allow me to hand-hold whatever they were standing on while I was hand-holding the camera. I just tried to get as much of the subject in focus as possible while stopping down as much as I could get away with. Let's just say that for every decent shot I might have taken, there were a ton that were throw aways.
02-08-2013, 11:33 PM - 1 Like   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
very nice work!!
02-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Phosphene Quote
I took the easy route and stuck a Raynox DCR-250 to the front of my 100mmWR
Does it fit straight on to the DFA100mm (49mm thread) or do you need an attachment/stepdown ring to go with it?

02-12-2013, 01:52 PM - 1 Like   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Does it fit straight on to the DFA100mm (49mm thread) or do you need an attachment/stepdown ring to go with it?
Argh you had to ask me when my camera is on the other side of the farm. Yes you need a stepdown ring. I want to say 49-43mm. You may want to double check that before ordering.
Will try to verify for sure this evening after I get to my camera.