Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Continuous Autofocus

Hi - another stupid question - I took my first photography class tonight and she spoke about continuous autofocus mode, and how to use it when subjects are approaching. I ran home and looked it up, and for the life of me I don't understand what the book is saying, or if it is even possible with my K-r. Can somebody please explain how to set my camera to that in easy english? please & thank you

05-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
MSM
Veteran Member

Turn your camera to AF-C. I don't have a Kr but I believe it is the menu. This allows the camera to continually adjust the focus as you are half pressing the shutter. You will her the camera continually make adjustments as you or the subject move.
05-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
MSM
Veteran Member

If the menu is like the Kx. Then press the Info button. There should be a display of options that can be accessed by the directional keys. Look for one that says AF-S. Highlight that one and use the rear dial to rotate thru the choices which are AF-S ,AF-C, AF-A. As I said I don't have the Kr. But I can't imagine they changed it up too much with the Kr. Hope this helps.
05-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use a k-m but you can also set the AF button at the back to do the focusing, when it depressed and the shutter button to release the shutter.

05-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

You can change the auto focus modes from the Info button, look for AF.S or AF.A and change it to AF.C, or from the Record (red camaera icon) menu 1 that's in the Menu button, look for AF Mode.
05-08-2012, 05:59 AM   #6

Original Poster
thank you all :-) you are great!!! this is the best forum out there, and once again, I am glad I own a Pentax !
05-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

You can also access this by clicking the "Info" button. AF-C / AF-A / AF-S is one of the options on that little "Quick Menu" I call it. Just click the info button, use the arrows to get the AF.... and spin the thumbwheel to switch between them.