Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Question about front teleconverters

I bought a bundle of odds and ends off eBay that included two lenses, a 2X tele-converter, some filters (including a polarizing filter), two motor winds (One for a Pentax and one for a Canon), two shutter release cables ( one about 5' long and another one about 25 ' long). and a case that has three diopters (????) I think they're called. They magnify the image....like for taking extreme close-ups of bugs, etc. They are a +1, +2 & +3 and screw onto the front of the lense. They're 49mm and will fit my 50mm Pentax lenses. What is your opinion of them? Are they worth using....quality-wise? I've never had the occasion to use any such thing.

At any rate, the entire shebang only cost $2.35 ! And, it all came in a very nice ballistic nylon camera bag!

By the way, if any of you guys can use the Canon motor wind, the lenses and the tele-converter, they're yours por nada if you pay the shipping. I have no use for them and I figure that's the least I can do for all the great tutoring I'm getting for free!

05-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hay, good haul! Depending on just which lenses and TC, I'd sure be interested. As for the +dioptre closeup optics: they're cheap'n'easy fun, quite decent within their limitations. They pull-in the focus distance significantly on any host lens. Center IQ is usually quite good although the edges may suffer, so they're not for edge-to-edge flatfield sharpness applications, like shooting postage stamps. They can be fine for portraits (the +1 has a focus distance of 50-95cm) and florals and not-too-small bugs.