Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
*ist DL2 Bulb Mode

Hi there! (sorry for my bad english)

I need to know if anyone here knows if there's a way to shoot in bulb mode, that when I took my finger off of the shooter, it keeps the diaphragm opened, is this option in the soft of the camera?

I mean... when I take a picture in bulb, if I took my finger off of the shooter, it takes the picture, and it does not expose for long long times...

For those who speak spanish...

Necesito saber si cuando saco fotos en modo bulbo, hay una forma que de si saco el dedo del dispadador, la camara siga con el diafragma abierto por tiempo indefinido, como para sacar fotos con mucha exposicion, no logro darme cuenta si en el soft esta la opcion, o si hay que tocar un boton para que esto suceda...

Thank you!

05-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When you say it doesn't expose for a long time do you mean the length of time it takes to record /Write the shot to the card? My DL takes almost as long as the shutter is open to write (20 sec. shutter takes another 20 sec to write after the shutter is closed). I don't know if using a faster card would help or not I have just gotten use to the slow write time and try not to miss the light that tells me it is done and that I can take another shot.
05-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
No... i mean, if i don't keep the shutter pressed, the pic is exposed for just a second, like if i was shooting on manual mode...
05-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #4

I think the only way to do that is using a remote with a switch or lock.

05-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is what bulb mode is for it holds the shutter open as long as the shutter button is pushed or remote is held or the cable is held to have the shutter open. When you release the shutter button the shutter closes. if you just push the button and release the shutter opens and closes. If you hold the button down the shutter should stay open till the button is released. not timed as in any other mode.

c-mier is correct you would need a locking remote to be able to hold the shutter open while not physically holding the button down your self

Last edited by patrick9; 05-14-2012 at 05:10 PM.