Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Clunk is Gone (with apologies to BB King)

My K-x clunked every time I turned it on until yesterday, when I noticed that the clunk was gone. I don't necessarily miss the clunk, but am concerned that its absence signals a problem. Am I needlessly concerned? Thanks!

05-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the clunk is the auto sensor cleaning check your menu and make sure it's enabled. Since it is also a function of the SR control I would worry if it wasn't working as it may signal issues with the SR as well - mind you if it isn't working you can still shoot just revert to shooting llike a film camera using shutter speeds of 1/1.5xFL - so 1/80 sec for a 50mm for instance
05-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Clunk? Did it clunk when you have it set onto a hard surface and turn on? When I turn mine on while in hand, I don't really get a "clunk". More like a "BRR" as that is the sensor shake on start-up. I'll see if I can get a video up later tonight regarding it.

However, if you go into your menus and find the "dust removal" function, and turn that on, it should sound like that. If it doesn't, and it was more of a "clunk" and "BRR", and it's gone, maybe it's a good thing
05-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks all. I reset the dust removal function for start-up (I don't recall changing that setting, but) and the clunk is back. It's a very reassuring noise!