Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax K-7 unwanted sensor shaking

Hello friends,

My new K-7 is great in features but it is giving me scares from time to time.

Lately, I noticed some weired shaking inside the camera when activating the liveview.
The shaking apears clearly in the liveview image, and I relized that it affects seriously the taken photo.

I tried the bulb mode, and still the same shaking and blurring of the final image.

Trying to find out what happens, I turned off the SR option, but no way.

Surprisingly, I noticed that the shaking disappears when turning the camera upside down !

So when turning on the liveview whith the camera upside down, no problem !

I tried also with the image adjustment option, it does stop the shaking with arrows but it doesn't store this position next time.

I hope you can advice me about this, many thanks in advance !!!

05-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

As an K-7 owner I can tell you, based on my experience and common sense, this is on no way normal or a feature of the camera. You said it was a new camera...Is it too late to take it back and exchange for another body? If it was not purchased new, can you get a refund? If no to those two questions, more than likely you are going to need to send it in for repair.

I am curious what others think as well.

Jason
05-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thank you for yo
ur reply Jason, yes I purchsed this K-7 totally new, and I dont find anything that makes
me feel suspicious about the camera (all the parts where perfectly enveloped in plastic from the factory...)

So I think the sensor is not calibrated, as when I go into the composition adjustment option I can remove
the shaking by pushing the ^ botton. If only I could store this position !

Please I need your advice, as I think this can be solved somehow .

Thank you !
05-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Regardless of how new it appeared out of the ox, and it most probably definitely was, it has a flaw and needs to be returned for another one. If you hold out and ever find yourself dealing with CRIS, you're going to hear my words haunting you every day of every week of every month it is gone for repair.

Jason