Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #1

Remote flash trigger for canon compatible with pentax?

Hi there,

i just purchased a Hahnel Combi TF Remote Control & Flash Trigger online, it arrived today and the store sent me the canon version instead of the pentax version.

Do you think the canon version will work on my pentax kr as i am just using it for basic off camera flash.

thanks

05-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe it is the same thing, Cannon and Pentax have the same hot shoe and trigger lead
05-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Are you sure?

I don't know Canikony, but I thought the only compatible part of the Canon was the remote wired plug, not the flash shoe.
05-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I don't know Canikony, but I thought the only compatible part of the Canon was the remote wired plug, not the flash shoe.
I think this depends on the triggers and the flash type. i.e. I was looking for manual triggers for my yongnuo 560II, and got the yongnuo transceivers (I don't remember the model, rf603?). They don't make them for Pentax, and the canons would trigger my camera with the wired plug, but I could *NOT* get the flash to work. Something about those triggers unable to interpret the pentax output due to TTL differences.

However, i've recently picked up a pair of Aputure Trigmaster Plus transceivers, (also canon models), and they work great. Their compatibility site indicates that the canon and pentax triggers are the same. Trigmaster compatibility chart In fact, they pretty much state at the top that for strobe/speedlight purposes, they're universal across all models "TrigMaster Plus is universal for most cameras when used for controlling Flash
(Strobe or Speedlight). When Trigmaster used for controlling Camera, please
consult the chart below for compatibility:"

05-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by aymonroche Quote
Hi there,

i just purchased a Hahnel Combi TF Remote Control & Flash Trigger online, it arrived today and the store sent me the canon version instead of the pentax version.

Do you think the canon version will work on my pentax kr as i am just using it for basic off camera flash.

thanks
The Canon version is marketed and sold by Hahnel as being compatible with the K5, K7, K20, K10, K200 and K100 Hahnel Innovative Accessories

I have a pair and can confirm that they are compatible with the K5, K20 and K10.

Although not listed as being compatible, I see no reason why, a priori, they would not function equally well with a Kr.

If that is not reassurance enough, why not check with Hahnel? My e-mail requests for additional information have always been answered within 24h.

Jon
06-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #6

Original Poster
I forgot to reply to this but my impatience got the best of me and i opened them and they work fine.

thanks guys