Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #1

horizon problems

Hello

I'm having the following problem with my (older) pentax k10D DSLR. Im travelling through NZ and Australia atm, in NZ it fell in a river (sweet water) but after a week of drying and cleaning the sensor it is back operational. But ever since I arrived in Australia I'm having issues with it. The horizon always tend to bend over to the right and is not straight anymore. When I make the shot and I look with my eye it all looks straight but when I check it on the screen it's never straight but always slightly sloping over to the right a bit. Here you can find a example. Can anyone tell me what I can do about this?

Thanks

Gerrit

05-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Did it suffer impact when it fell in the water? I cannot think why water would make this happen, but possiboy you ave loosened something. Does you K10D have a sensor shake function, for cleaning? It so, the water might be affecting that. Maybe deliberately firing it a few times might help. The whole image is in equal focus, so I would suspect something got twisted inside. Sadly it looks a bit like professional help service is needed.
05-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The sensor's out of alignment in all probability.
My k10d had this even without ever being dropped. I took it to be fixed at Cal's (no relation) camera repairs in Perth. Didn't take too long.
In the mean time, you could just lean 2 degrees to the left whilst shooting!!

One other less likely possibility is that the viewfinder matt screen has moved - just take a look with the mirror up and see if it looks straight, but be careful not to touch anything.