Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #1

K110D sporadically not saving images.

Apologies if this issue has been posted before, I couldn't find it via the forums search:

I have a pretty old Pentax k110D.

Lately though, it’s only saving about 1/3rd of the shots I actually take. I’ve reset the settings to factory default, updated firmware, changed batteries, and bought a new sd card. Googling this issue is kinda difficult I guess, I get a zillion hits but none of them are actually for my issue. There are no error messages or anything, I just notice on review that some images have not been saved.

I would appreciate any input anyone has on this issue, I am kind of in love with my camera and don't want to put it to rest.

05-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to Pentax Forums, ouija.

Yeah, I know how it feels to become attached to a camera. It's frustrating when troubles arise...
It sounds like you've tried the obvious remedies. Have you asked Pentax about your problem? Here's a link to their service page: Product Repair & Service - PENTAX Imaging USA

If your camera needs service, it would probably cost more to repair than replace.
I checked shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=889257&u=523490&m=66875&urllink=keh.com and they currently have a K 110D for what looks like a good price (here). If you want a newer (used) body, KEH and the Pentax Forums Marketplace are the two places I'd look.

And if you're interested in a new camera, this is the right site for information. Scan the sub forums and you should find all you need to know to make an informed decision.

Good luck.

Last edited by .a.t.; 07-15-2012 at 05:27 PM.
05-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
I ended up fixing this today, all by myself.

I downloaded the newest firmware update again and I forced it to install over the same version. That seemed to take care of it, at least for the 70 test shots I took. Voilà!

Thank you~
05-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great! I love happy endings.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - just in case.