Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #1

K-x Video Problem - SR Always on - Even when it shows as being off

Up until now, I have been using my K-x for still photos only. It has done a great job for my needs. Today, I decided to try shooting some video with the camera, and the SR cycles constantly as soon as the mirror goes up. I have upgraded the firmware to the latest (1.03), with no improvement. I have turned off SR for both stills and movies, and it shows as being turned off, but SR continues to cycle and actually causes shake in the video. I have tried new batteries as well as a different brand of batteries, but the problem continues. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Thanks,
Greg

05-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #2

Original Poster
Update to my post...the sound the camera makes when in Movie mode is the exact same sound as the Dust Removal function, only it never stops shaking the sensor. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks,
Greg
06-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just to clarify. . .

You went into the MENU on page 3 and disabled SR under ''Movie'' as opposed to SR off in INFO?
06-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #4

Original Poster
That is correct....I disabled SR under MOVIE in the menus.
Thanks,
Greg