Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #31
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Looks like two possible issues. @westmill has identified which parts of the image look okay - and it is the white strip on the right. that suggests a shutter issue. The whitish pixel thin line running across the image (left to right) may be a sensor issue.
I tried to check your shutter count, but you need to do that using a RAW file.

05-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
HEADLINE>>>> DAILY EXPRESS

One DAVID BRUCE KAWCHACK
has today been identified as being responsable for the killing of one unfortunate
Mr Pentax K20. Rumour has it that Mr Pentax was brutaly worked to death.
It was rumoured too that Mr Kawchack showed no remorse in the killing of Mr Pentax.
His only regret was Mr Pentax was not able to do more work.
Shocking news, and a vast tragedy.
Latest updates of this tragic incident from our reporters on the scene ( Phil And Eddie ) indicate
That Mr pentax,s partner Mrs Sensor is so heartbroken it is believed she lies dying in the wake
of this awful event. When Eddie was asked about the chances of survival... He quoted... Not a chance.
While it believed by many that Mrs sensor is dying from a broken heart, our intrepid reporter Phil states and firmly believes
this was nothing more than coincidence.
Latest reports indicate that Mr David Bruce Kawchack, Camera murderer was heard to say
he is hoping for a light sentance !
Readers await the world over for the outcome of this sad and tagic incident !

Last edited by westmill; 05-23-2012 at 10:02 AM.
05-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by David Bruce Kawchak Quote
24,904 is my shutter count as of the last shot.
I guess it will now be a matter of weighing up costs.
You never know, once the repairers have it opened up, its poss it might be something simple.
05-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #34

Original Poster
Thanks Westmill. I needed to be cheered up. I am shipping my camera off to Pentax repair.

05-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #35
MSL
Pentaxian

In case you haven't packed it up yet, have you tried looking at the shutter movement on a slowish exposure (so you can see what is going on). This may be a daft suggestion or completely the wrong thing to do (I'm good at that when it comes to camera innards) but I'd probably take the lens off and (a) see what the shutter was doing and (b) with the mirror up see if there was any obvious markings on the sensor. I'd probably also sneeze and lose a few eyelash or beard hairs while I was doing this, which is one reason I shouldn't look into the innards of a camera.
05-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #36

Original Poster
I will try this MSL. Ichecked the shutter count on a RAW image. Still 24,904.
05-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #37

Original Poster
Doesn't seem to be any visible damage to the shutter or sensor. Could the camera software get corrupted so the shutter isn't firing properly?
05-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #38
MSL
Pentaxian

No idea - but if you have a tripod you might try a series of slower shutter speed shots to see if the effect diminishes as the shutter needs to work less fast. That said, even if you ID the problem, it still looks like a repair job... so I have to wonder how much it is worth testing further.

05-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #39

Original Poster
Thanks MSL. I agree. I was going on vacation to take photos. Murphy got me again.
05-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #40
Veteran Member

I suspect this is just a sensor issue, and that the band on the right resembling a light leak is just coincidental. The clipped magenta areas, the horizontal line, they all point to a dying sensor, imo.
05-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter

shutter it's likely worth the repair, Sensor not a chance (unless they have discounted the parts stock if they have it)
05-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #42

Original Poster
I am shipping it off to Pentax repair. Sensor is not worth it. I agree. Hope its the shutter.
05-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #43
MSL
Pentaxian

Murphy got me again
Yes, well, unfortunately Murphy was an optimist.
05-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #44
Veteran Member

HEADLINE>>>> DAILY EXPRESS One DAVID BRUCE KAWCHACK has today been identified as being responsable for the killing of one unfortunate Mr Pentax K20. Rumour has it that Mr Pentax was brutaly worked to death. It was rumoured too that Mr Kawchack showed no remorse in the killing of Mr Pentax. His only regret was Mr Pentax was not able to do more work. Shocking news, and a vast tragedy. Latest updates of this tragic incident from our reporters on the scene ( Phil And Eddie ) indicate That Mr pentax,s partner Mrs Sensor is so heartbroken it is believed she lies dying in the wake of this awful event. When Eddie was asked about the chances of survival... He quoted... Not a chance. While it believed by many that Mrs sensor is dying from a broken heart, our intrepid reporter Phil states and firmly believes this was nothing more than coincidence. Latest reports indicate that Mr David Bruce Kawchack, Camera murderer was heard to say he is hoping for a light sentance ! Readers await the world over for the outcome of this sad and tagic incident !
It was claimed in court today by the honourable MSL of the justice department that Mr Kawchak was pleading innocent on the grounds of insanity. He believes he heard A voice in his head. It would seem responsability is now being directed at Murphy !
He clearly states he was not responsable and that it was Murphy,s Law !
The case continues !!!!!
05-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #45
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Whites tuning pink on images
Most Scottish folk do this when they see the sun for a week, that's after the first week of going from Blue to White.

So maybe your images are just normal for around here.