Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

It reads "Card is Locked" why ?

It reads " card is locked " can't take pictures , "Delete images " in the menu is not high lighted .

What is the problem with my K-X

Can anyone help ?

Jesus

05-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Take the card out abd move a switch that should be on it.
05-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

check your sd card

Hi, your problem might be that the SD card lock/unlock switch is set to lock. On the side opposite of the card (top notch on the right) is a small switch it should be in the up position.
05-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

No offense, but why the heck does everybody repeat something already said?

05-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I don't see a switch but I will continue to look for something that might resemble one, of I may just buy a new card , that's a better idea , Wally World , here I come !

To answer your question , the second response was more detailed .
That's why

Nothing better to do than criticize others ??
QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
No offense, but why the heck does everybody repeat something already said?
05-26-2012, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jesus Quote
I don't see a switch but I will continue to look for something that might resemble one, of I may just buy a new card , that's a better idea , Wally World , here I come !
Hold the card in front of you face up (the "missing corner" will be on the upper right). On the left edge of the card (the actual edge) near the top will be a little plastic thing that slides up & down. It probably even says "Lock" right there with a little down arrow. If the thing is down, the card is locked -- it can be read from but not written to. Slide the thing up, it is unlocked.

Any card you buy is going to be just the same, so best to find that switch.

(And to answer the guy about repeated answers -- I think lots of people read a post and know the answer so they immediately hit "reply" without reading the whole thread. And sometimes people are writing their posts at the same time.)
05-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
And sometimes people are writing their posts at the same time.)
Yeah, you're right and maybe it wasn't his fault, but some 90% of the threads I've read today were like this and it's sort of annoying when you go over pages and pages of the same thing. And it sucks even more to me since I developed a habit to write down my idea and read the whole thread to see if it's already there. Call me crazy if you want.

05-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #8

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Call me crazy if you want.
Crazy? Nah. Just cranky.
05-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Yeah, you're right and maybe it wasn't his fault, but some 90% of the threads I've read today were like this and it's sort of annoying when you go over pages and pages of the same thing. And it sucks even more to me since I developed a habit to write down my idea and read the whole thread to see if it's already there. Call me crazy if you want.
It does seem to happen a lot and it can be annoying, but it is one of those things you can't do anything about. Just human nature and accidental timing. Accept it with grace and move on...
05-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pezmaker Quote
Crazy? Nah. Just cranky.
Today? Heck yes. It would do my relationship with the Forums some good if I called it a day, eh?
Good night.
05-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hey , you all wnat to see the inside of a SD card ?
I kept digging and lookin for a switch to the point I found the innards.
Now I really need a new card ,
hope nothing happens to my Kx cuss I don't want to discover the innards , that will be costly

Again , off to Wally W for a new SD card
05-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Bought a new one at Osco Drugs , that was the problem and I can see the switch on the side , my old one was missing the switch.

Back in business , thank god .

Thanks guys
05-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Check the time stamps of the posts. Some of us t y p e r e a l l y s l o w l y. KnowwhatImeanVern?
05-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #14

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Today? Heck yes. It would do my relationship with the Forums some good if I called it a day, eh?
Good night.
Nothin but love!
05-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jesus Quote
I kept digging and lookin for a switch to the point I found the innards.
Was the switch broken off?

QuoteQuote:
Nothin but love!