Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K20 User Mode questions

I have had my K20 now for about two years and thought I understood all of the menu settings. I was changing setting in the user mode and at one point I lost most of the functionality of all of the other modes, P mode Sv. etc. I finally had enough brains to reset the default settings and all has been working fine since. However: I may not be understanding just what to do with the User Mode. I have read and re-read the manual and appear to still be confused. Now getting to my question. When in the User Mode and pushing the menu button gets you to the window which shows all of the settings for P mode or SV and TV etc., If you have the SV mode highlighted in the menu and make changes, the next time you turn on the camera in User Mode the User Mode is now in SV Mode Correct? Or does this just change the settings in those modes Such as SV Mode which are highlighted. I am confused so this may not make much sense. Talk about feeling stupid!!!

05-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I *think* (I use the term loosely) that settings outside of User mode affect all the other modes, while settings inside User mode stay there. At least, that's how I read the manual (and have been reading it for 4 years). Not all settings; p.133 in the manual lists those supposedly affected. I'll admit to not testing those completely.
05-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the assistance. I finally figured out just where I went wrong with my thinking.