Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K-X button lock

A setting must have got changed on my K-X to where the shutter button refused to fire sometimes,don't know if the lockout is focus or exposure.Would like to find setting where it will fire all the time.
Thanks,
Jake

05-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
could be catch-in-focus is turned on, or youre set to timer mode
05-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Have you got mirror lock-up enabled? It should be one of the drive options. That would require two presses of the shutter button to take a photograph.
05-31-2012, 01:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

A couple of times when I've been shooting with macro, I've been too close and the shutter wouldn't fire until I backed up a bit. Other than that, I've never had it happen.

05-31-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

What lens is being used?
Sounds like the catch in focus feature...

I keep leaving the clamp 'on' on my macro lens when in AF... Took my ages to to work out what the problem was and felt a fool when I realised...
05-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bjake Quote
A setting must have got changed on my K-X to where the shutter button refused to fire sometimes,don't know if the lockout is focus or exposure.Would like to find setting where it will fire all the time.
Thanks,
Jake
Happens to me a lot with my k-x. It is always because the camera cannot focus - the green hexagon at the bottom of the viewfinder flashes. I get frustrated and switch to manual focussing. There are two shooting situations where this has happened/continues to happen to me: 1. Taking an 'over-the-shoulder' shot of Concorde from the rear access steps (I think the vast amount of wing prevented the camera from finding something to focus on) 2. Shooting aircraft passing overhead.
05-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member

It's *normal* that the shutter won't fire unless it's in focus. The only mode in which the shutter will fire even though it is out of focus is manual focus mode. Well, on some cameras, it's conceivable continuous focus mode would work this way, but you wpuldn't normally be leaving the camera set that way.

06-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help.The mistake was mine as I put on an extension tube behind the lens but forgot to switch focus to manual.
Jake