Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #1

Help with a Metz 48 AF-1

So I recently got a Metz 48 AF-1 on ebay. It did not come with instructions. When I do a web search for instructions it brings me to a web site that requires me to take surveys in order to get the instructions. (Its a little fishy so I am wary of doing that)
My problem is that the flash seems to be stuck on one setting: SL ch1 zoom 18mm. I can't change it to any other setting.
Does anyone have any suggestions for changing the settings and does anyone know where I can get a copy of the English instructions?
I'm using a Pentax K5. Thanks for any help.

06-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The Metz site is at www.metz.de. They have instruction manuals available and I found the link for you.

Here's the link for the Pentax version of the 48 AF-1.

Right click on the link to download the manual, clicking on the link will immediately start downloading it.

Have fun.
06-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

When you are in any flash mode like TTL or Manual, you have to push the plus and minus keys simulataneously, and it will cycle you betweent the various options for that flash mode, e.g. zoom, power level, etc. There is a Select sign in white and a bracket that points to both keys. Then to change the value for each option, you use the plus or minus key to pick the option you want.

wonderful flash, but menu system has that simulataneous button push to learn
06-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm glad my 58 AF-2 doesn't have that 'press both at same time' system since I use a hand strap with my rig.

"Now, with my photographer's third hand I hold the camera while pushing two flash buttons at the same time!!"

06-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Didn't realize I had to push both at same time. Having instructions comes in handy too. Should have though to look on Metz site.