Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2012, 04:34 AM   #1

Pentax Optio WG-2 leaked water

I just bought brand new Pentax optio WG2 non GPS. Black. It worked fine until I took it swimming to the local river. Nothing extreme just snapping shots and video while swimming.Didnt even took a snorkle with me. As I got out of the water I wanted to view my shots and noticed 3 white areas around the LCD screen,then screen started to flicker to go to total static. Now the day after screen does the same and white areas moved to the corner of the screen. It starts well then after being for a minute on screen starts flickering then it goes mad.

I was really excited to get this new adventure camera and got it since it claims it can shoot up to 12 meters what is great for snorkeling shots,but if it leakes on less then 2 meters depth (what is probably the deepest I went this time it would be flooded on 7 or 8m...

Has anyone else heard of leaking reports or im just unlucky???

06-17-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the battery door was properly closed and the seal clean then your camera must be faulty and should be due for a replacement under warranty.
06-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
If the battery door was properly closed and the seal clean then your camera must be faulty and should be due for a replacement under warranty.
water didnt enter trough the door at all and they are completely dry. it leaked somehow under the plexy covering LCD
06-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dengue Quote
water didnt enter trough the door at all and they are completely dry. it leaked somehow under the plexy covering LCD
Even more reason to return it under warranty!

08-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #5

Simular problem.

I have got the Optio WG-2 GPS since April, and was very happy about it. I've also used in the swimming pool once, and that was no problem.
Now I went on a holiday to Cyprus, and naturally I wanted to take a lot of pictures.
Unfortunately, on the third day of my holiday we were supposed to go diving, and after about 30 seconds under no more than 20 cm water (we were still putting on our diving masks..) I got a warning in the display, saying something like 'to avoid damage the camera will now turn of.' I took the camera back out of the water right away, but I guess that was already too late. Same as you said, there was no water with the battery or the SD card, so the battery door was closed. But there was a lot of condense on the inside of both the lens and the display. I took out the battery and card, and left it to dry with the doors open, and now when I put in the battery 4 of the 6 macro leds start lighting up, and the little orange led in front. However, that's all he does now. It does not turn on anymore, and the only way to turn off the leds is to remove the battery again.
This would have been really disappointing at home, but even more so on the start of my holiday. I was planning to take a lot of pictures during the next 9 days of my holiday, but that's not going to happen I guess.
I would really like to know how everything ended up with your camera. Did you have any trouble returning it for the warranty?