Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #31

Original Poster
I got a kit lens for my k-x and now, the photos it takes are better than the Horesbennu and easier to use since it's aperture can be controlled on the body.

06-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Also, I'll bet you weren't using a hood, and perhaps you were using an Image degrading filter on it (sometimes sold under the misleading names "UV", "Skylight", "Clear", or or "Protection" filters)? And it appears you didn't focus anywhere in particular. An out of focus picture will indeed often tend to look lacking in contrast. And I'll bet you didn't try taking pictures with older manual focus lenses on your Canon that much.
06-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
and perhaps you were using an Image degrading filter on it (sometimes sold under the misleading names "UV", "Skylight", "Clear", or or "Protection" filters)?
When i saw the image i was thinking he might have shot it through the window glass since you have a kind of pink reflection on the right side.
06-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ankletsonfire Quote
Hi, have I forgot to mention that I've used a Canon before this Pentax and my images have never turned out dull? Is it because of the switch of systems or..
Ah, I see there. As far as I've seen comparing my default K-x jpegs on my friends' Canon Rebels, the Canons really pump up the color more. It's like they're normally on "Vivid". RAW is a different ballgame altogether though.

and I agree with Marc. Using manual lenses is waaaayyyyy different than AF ones. With manual lenses, One does not simply point and wait for camera to focus

I hope your question's been answered by the others too. Try out different lenses! Happy shooting!