Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
camera repair

Hi all,

I am in need of a reputable camera shop in the Four Corners area of the USA. I only need a good cleaning, not major repairs. I am leery of shipping my camera anywhere. I also don't like the turn around time. I would be without my camera for 10 days(??). We live in Aztec, NM> We are willing to drive to Albuquerque or Santa Fe.
Anyone have any idas??

Thanks,
BIll

06-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
can't help for that area but if you have no luck Eric does excellent work and many members here will recommend him. his turnaround is pretty quick (my most recent experience with local shops would see your camera take 2 weeks anyway). link below will take you to his site.

Home
06-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
As eddie1960 says, Eric is the top rated repair in the US. In fact, I have never seen anything negative posted about any of the work he does, and his rates are extremely resonable.
06-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
As eddie1960 says, Eric is the top rated repair in the US. In fact, I have never seen anything negative posted about any of the work he does, and his rates are extremely resonable.
Lots of us Canadians send him stuff as well even with the added expense hassle of cross border shipping

06-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Few camera repairs are completed the same day you bring them in, especially at repair centers that have good reputations. I sent a lens in and it took 3 days before it reached the top of the repair queue. If the camera needs parts, the repair can take weeks. Anyway, for the price of driving hundreds of miles you can overnight your camera.
06-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #6

Does Eric only work on manual focus and film cameras or does he repair Pentax DSLRs too? He lists only manual focus models on his website.
06-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Does Eric only work on manual focus and film cameras or does he repair Pentax DSLRs too? He lists only manual focus models on his website.
He doesn't work on DSLR, he retired before they came out and they require a whole diferent set of tools. I think he will CLA AF film cameras, not sure about other AF film camera issues

06-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Also, when considering Eric, PBA he will send you an estimate (usu. by email) before he begins work. If you refuse the estimate he will send your camera back at his expense. He is really, truly trustworthy and a nice guy. I guess he can afford to send cameras back on refusal because almost no one ever refuses his estimate.

Here's a link to an old thread endorsing Eric. I ahve two camera bodies down there right now.