Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks like you can see what is going on, but it is a bit hard to get from your reply, whether it is the rheostat lever (Left side from rear) or the stop down lever ( Right side from rear) that is jammed.

12-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
the rheostat lever (Left side from rear)
That one. I didn't know what it's called. It probably got bent, when I used a M42 adapter.
I suppose the counterpart on the lens slipped past it and therefore is stuck.
12-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Let us hope that this has happened before to a forum member who comes here.
12-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #19

After having looked at this for a while, I don't really think there is an alternative to disassembling the lens to get to the lens mount. Maybe I can find a camera repiar shop or someone who has experience with taking cameras and lenses apart.

12-12-2012, 03:54 AM   #20

Hi guys. Good news. I talked to a guy that has a lot of experience with taking (Pentax) lenses apart for cleaning purposes. He recommended not to disassemble the lens, as there is no way to remove it that way. He said the only chance to remove it is to try to unscrew it with more strain. And so I did.
The result was a camera side lever that was completely bent and a completely intact lens. Thank god this lens is built like a tank.

Thank you guys for your patience and your advice.

I hope that's comprehensible. English is not my first language, unfortunately.