Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #31
NKK
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jennverr Quote
Good thread because I have been recently thinking about this. I don't have any hoods for my lenses currently! :-o and was looking online to purchase some, but they all seem so expensive, plus the different variations in shapes, etc... and then wanting a hood that I can keep on the camera lens (turn it backward) for storage. My friend recently gave me a hood for my 35, but I couldn't seem to keep it on the camera AND put the lens cap on which I found annoying. Does anyone know of a good source to find those kinds of hoods that don't cost $30-$40/ pop?
Hi Jennverr,

I just bought this one:
49mm Standard Metal Lens Hood f Canon Nikon Sony Pentax Olympus + Lens cap | eBay

I received it a couple of days ago - fits great, and looks great on the da 35 F2,4 And the lens cap is great too - VERY Satisfied and with that price you cant go wrong

07-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #32
Moderator PEG Judges

I always use hoods all the time, for protection (not using front element filters) as well as all the other good things they do.
07-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jennverr Quote
Does anyone know of a good source to find those kinds of hoods that don't cost $30-$40/ pop?
I bought a pedal-shaped hood with a 55mm thread at Frye's Electronics for somewhere around $5 or $8. I use 49-55 and 52-55 step-up rings to attach it to all of my lenses. It vignettes on my Sigma 24mm (which is so inferior to my M series lenses that even non-photographers have noticed the difference), but I haven't noticed the effect on my M series primes at all.