Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #1

Flashing LCD and Top Panel

Hello!

Just received my K-5, Formatted my Sandisk 16gb extreme card and inserted the charged battery. I took several test pics in the auto mode (green) and also did a very short movie clip, all seemed to be fine, then I noticed the panels started flashing and red auto focus points flashing in the veiwfinder. How does one correct or stop the flashing. Do I need to do a firnware update? Please advise, if you can. Thanks

06-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you still switch it off or does it keep doing 'the flashing'. If so, remove the battery and try again. If it keeps on doing it after this, ship it back and get it replaced. I don't think that a firmware update will help in that case (if accessible at all).
06-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #3

Original Poster
Flashing LCD and Panel

Thank you for the reply, oddly enough I turned the ring on my lense closest to the camera (18-135mm Pentax WR ) and it seemd to have stopped the flashing. It is possible I was overiding the auto settinds somehow? I have taken several shots and no fllashing.