Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
Forum Member

z-1p issue with shutter firing.

Well, somethings up with my camera... for some reason it wont fire when i'm out and about. took it out for 2 hours today and i'm super frustrated. the camera would fire perfectly taking a shot, then the next shot it wont fire at all. in the camera the little focus thigiemabobber would blink saying the subject is out of focus or something and wont fire at all even tho what i have in focus is.

my question is:

is the z-1p focus priority where it wont fire if the center is not in focus? or is my camera a dud?

i went through my settings and found that my flash settings were wrong so i turned it to change tv av instead of use flash. but it still did not solve the focus issue stopping the firing of my shutter.

anybody have this camera and can help me out?

06-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ckswong Quote
is the z-1p focus priority where it wont fire if the center is not in focus? or is my camera a dud?
If the PZ-1p is in "Single" AF mode, it will not release the shutter unless it gets focus lock (so, yes, Focus Priority). Does the shutter release normally in "Servo" mode (which doesn't require focus lock)?
Might be your AF sensor (it's a single cross-type point, I think) is going...
06-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
just checked, yes it fires in servo mode, and manual mode. i guess if i have it on single mode id have to focus lock before the shutter fires (thus the focus priority) i totally thought my camera was broken but its just focus prio. too bad you cant turn it off...
06-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Oh and thanks for clearing that up Panoguy, i couldnt find anything in the manual saying anything about focus priority